- Legal form : Flemish Government Departement Work and Social Economy
- Name : Veerle Moens, programma manager
- Address : Koning Albert II-laan 35, bus 20 1030 Brussel
- Tel : 02 552 83 27 | 0495 14 33 42
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Operational Programme for the implementation of the European Social Fund (ESF) in Flanders in the 2014-2020 period supports initiatives that increase employment and improve social cohesion in Flanders. In the years to come, 1 billion euro will be invested.
The ESF programme lays down the priorities for the expenditure of 1 billion euro. 600 million euro is financed through the Flemish budget and 400 million euro through the European budget.
The programme not only aims to stimulate employment and social inclusion, it also intends to promote innovation and transnational cooperation. It supports targeted actions for more entrepreneurship, an increased flow from social economy, as well as a better integration and inclusion of unskilled youngsters and Roma.
In the end, the Flemish Operational Programme will assist 250,000 people in finding or keeping a job, in setting up a company, or in participating in vocational training.
- Investing in sustainable and qualitative jobs on the Flemish labour market (1st priority) and investing in vocational training and lifelong learning (2nd priority). 60% of the resources have been allocated to this priority. This corresponds with the Flemish career policy, which wishes to bring about a more effective labour market. More specifically, Flemish ESF projects will focus on key transition moments in careers, such as the transition from school to work, from unemployment to work, from a job to another job.
- 20% of the resources has been allocated to supporting social integration and equality and to combat poverty (3rd priority). The focus is placed on pathways to integration for the most vulnerable groups on the labour market.
- Structural measures on company level (4th priority), which encourage people to work longer, get specific attention in the programme: ESF projects assist companies in creating an attractive working environment for their employees.
- Finally, the European Social Fund intends to keep promoting transnational exchange and cooperation, as well as innovation or the sponsoring of innovative labour market services (5th priority).
|Priority axis||Funding||Category of region||Thematic objective||Contribution of the Union||Contribution of the Region||Total Financing|
|1||ESF||More developed||Career curative||162 325 134||243 487 700||405 812 834|
|2||ESF||More developed||Career preventive||67 114 353||134 910 677||202 025 030|
|3||ESF||More developed||Social inclusion and poverity||81 327 223||121 990 835||203 318 058|
|4||ESF||More developed||People oriented enterprise||35 067 997||74 519 494||109 587 491|
|5||ESF||More developed||Innovation and transnationality||32 312 147||26 437 211||58 749 358|
|6||ESF||More developed||Technical assistance||15 756 119||15 756 119||31 512 238|